This page contains information about works of art that are intended to form part of a forthcoming exhibition at the Hayward, which may be covered by immunity from seizure.
Part 6 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 provides immunity from seizure for cultural objects which are loaned from overseas to temporary public exhibitions in approved museums or galleries in the UK where conditions are met when the object enters the UK.
The conditions are:
• The object is usually kept outside the UK
• The object is not owned by a person who is resident in UK
• The import of the object does not contravene any law
• The object is brought into UK for purpose of a temporary public exhibition at an approved museum or gallery
• The museum or gallery has published information about the object
You can find links to all works currently being proposed or covered by Immunity from Seizure
You can find out more about immunity from seizure on the DCMS website
For further enquiries please write to:
Immunity from Seizure
London, SE1 8XZ